Ok so maybe not 50. Because that's a lot of lipstick. But for today's post I am bringing you 8 smashing lipstick combos. Summer is officially over which means that my sun-kissed-i-dont-need-no-stinking-makeup look is slowly fading. I've been looking to step up my makeup game recently, so naturally I turned to the Internet. Mistake. BIG mistake. YouTube and /r/makeupaddiction are officially ruining my life. It would be one thing if I could just scroll through and enjoy all the artistry, but I can't. I need to go out and buy all these amazing products and play with my face. SOMEONE PLEASE CUT ME OFF!
I've never been an insanely artistic person - I can take a decent photo or two, I've been told I write well... but things like drawing and painting have always been disastrous for me. Until I discovered makeup. Applying makeup is essentially just evening out your canvas and then using color to accentuate natural features. The lines are all there - you just need to fill them in. It's grown-up coloring and I'm hooked.
For the past week I've been growing my collection of lip products. I reinvested in some really good lipsticks and bought lip liners for the first time ever. It's been a fun week of experimenting with different looks and I thought I'd share some of my faves with you!
So go ahead and click play for today's TunesDaze choice (Broke for Free - Juparo Mix) and scroll on through! (I apologize in advance for all the silly selfies.)
2. Gold Lips: Tomorrow is my mom's 50th birthday!! I was inspired by this "golden" time in her life and decided to grab this extra shimmery, incredibly pretty gold lipstick. I'm not usually one for this much shine, but special occasions call for some special sparkle. Happy Birthday Mommy!!!Get this look:Sephora Nano Lip Liner (03 Queen Quartz) + Sephora Rouge Shine (02 Golden Girl)
5. Brown Lips: I was worried that brown lipstick would only add to my monochromatic life (brown hair, brown eyes, brown skin)..... but I surprisingly love this color. P.S. - Can you tell I'm getting sick of the selfies yet?Get this look:Sephora Nano Lip Liner (12 Chic Choco) + Sephora Color Lip Last (24 Cocoa Passion)
6. Purple Lips: Purple vampy lips forever.FOR.EV.ER. That is all. Get this look: Sephora Cream Lip Stain (07 Dark Berry)
7. Cafe/Gold Ombre Lips: Cannot get enough of this new ombre trend that's been going round! And fun fact - it's stupid easy to achieve. I used this great tutorial to learn! (Bonus: this lady's YouTube channel is amazing!!! #milataughtme and I loved every second of it.) Get this look:Sephora Nano Lip Liner (12 Chic Choco) + Sephora Color Lip Last (24 Cocoa Passion)+ Sephora Rouge Shine (02 Golden Girl)
8. Red/Nude Ombre Lips: Another super easy ombre look that I was test driving. Apologies for the retarded faces - there's only so many selfies I can take without completely losing my mind. Get this look:Sephora Nano Lip Liner (20 Real Red) + Revlon Color Stay Ultimate Suede Lipstick (050) + Sephora Rouge Shine (01 Honeymoon)
PHEW! Hope you're not too sick of my face.
Do you have a favorite lipstick color? Tried out one of these looks and have some feedback? Got a new makeup technique that you wanna share? Drop it all in the comments below!
Rainbow kisses, xx Nikbear
Loved this post? Stay in the loop with all things npamani related by signing up for my weekly newsletter!