Hello friends! Happy Friday! Thank god it's the weekend - time to let loose and party, just a little bit. ;) Keeping up with the new tradition I've started, here are the things that I've been loving this week. Enjoy! Friday Favorites
1. This week was the Miss Universe pageant. Earlier in the week, my girl Kutner sent me this awesome link showcasing some of the winning national costumes that the ladies had chosen to wear in the pageant. Highlights include a sexy Chilean miner (too soon?) and a glittery toucan that will haunt your dreams. Later in the week me and KutKut actually watched the pageant together and I have to say that I'm really happy that a naturally gorgeous won the pageant. Congratulations, Miss Angola! (Also as a side note - runner up Miss Ukraine looked like a Greek GODDESS in her evening gown.)
2. Speaking of the lovely Kutner, my girlie is expecting a new little furball addition to her family. This little baby (pictured above) will be here on October 1st and I cannot wait to meet her and play with her and maybe kidnap her. Shhh. I've been a bit puppy obsessed all week, what with the return of Councilfart and his council of dogs into my life. I want a puppy so bad. I'm seriously considering getting one as a present to myself in January. Here's hoping I can make it happen.
3. Ok, so it's really no shock that I'm SO EXCITED that fall is here. Temperatures have dropped pretty drastically in the last two days which means it's officially time to bust out my AWESOME leather jacket. I bought this bad boy in February for my weekend trip to Colorado and it literally saved my life that whole weekend. But then I was back in sunny Miami and then in Jersey for the summer, so I haven't had a chance to wear it since that weekend so long ago. BUT TODAY IT MAKES A COME BACK. And I'm so excited. Now all I need is a boyfriend with a motorcycle to go with it.... (yes, boyfriends are now accessories).
4. No seriously, don't judge me. I just finished reading all the Twilight books this week. I have ZERO interest in ever seeing the movies, but my friends Shea and Laura told me that the books are actually pretty good so I got the books, and I have to admit, they are a fantastic read. Well, scratch that, the LAST book is a fantastic read. The first three are meh but totally necessary to get you to the last book. I still refuse to watch the movies, but at least now I can say that I quasi-understand the whole Twilight hype.
5. Meat and cheese lovers, prepare yourselves. I came home this week and my mom WOWed my taste buds with this awesomely simple recipe. Steak. Smothered with. Gorgonzola cheese. Served on top of caramelized red onions. *jaw drops* It was pretty much an orgasm in my mouth. And get this - LESS THAN FOUR HUNDRED CALORIES. What? New favorite recipe! Must make this again ASAP. Who's coming over for dinner?
6. HOORAY! All my favorite TV shows come back next week! I've spent a good deal of this week finishing my catch up on 30 Rock Season 5. I cannot wait for next week! How I Met Your Mother, 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation, Community, GAAAH. So excited so excited. And to make things better - I have a partner in crime (LJP) to watch all of these with. Thursdays = hermit night for TV and dinner cooking. WOAH. EPIPHANY. Totally combining gorgonzola steak night with TV night next week. YES AND YES. Laura, get stoked.
7. Dear friends, meet Jenna Marbles. SHE IS AWESOME. If you don't stalk her on YouTube yet, click this link and start stalking immediately. I'm addicted to her weekly videos, and the latest one totally reminds me of Panini-Weiss Roadtrip Version 2.0 (check out my Facebook for that video because YouTube won't let me upload it waaahhhh). She's a keeper and a total babe and she gives me something to look forward to every hump day. Wheeeeeeee!
Hooray! It's been a nice week long get away in Jerz, but I'm heading back to the city tonight to raaaaagggggeeee this weekend with all mah friends BECAUSE I MISS THEM SO MUCH OHMAHGAWD.
I hope you enjoyed these and please leave comments and love about your favorite things this week! If you’re looking for more giggles and trinkets of joy, feel free to check out my twitter @npamani or my tumblr, The Daily QuirCk.
Stay classy, xx Nikbear