1. On Sunday I had the privilege of finally watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off. What a fantastic movie. I know, I know - I'm a failure for never having seen it before this week, but hey, better late than never! Aside from all the hilariousness and fashion fails in the movie, the highlight for me was definitely the scene with Charlie Sheen. If you don't know what I'm talking about, click this link. Talk about foreshadowing, eh?
2. I went for the Giants home opener on Monday night, Giants vs. Rams. We had some sick ass seats (thanks daddy) and my girl Nisha and I had a fantastic time. AND WE WON. Side note: to the creepy man sitting behind us stroking Nisha's hair, I saw you, I know what you did, and you should be ashamed of yourself, you creep. Jeez.
3. For those of you who have not gotten on the turntable.fm wagon yet, SHAME ON YOU. Amazing rooms filled with DJs for just about every genre you could think of. Awesome tunes and some pretty cool people. I love listening to turntable.fm, and this week I heard this song and fell in love. Get on this website - it will change your life from dull to dance-tastic.
4. I can't believe I'm about to feature Charlie Sheen twice in a single blog post, but this is just too good not to share. There is this AMAZING iPhone app called Songify. You record any phrase or saying and it turns it into an auto-tuned song. Seriously, fantastic. Well there also exists a Songify YouTube channel that has been songifying popular YouTube videos. My two favorites are the Charlie Sheen one and the Mommy/Daddy one. Check them out. LOL forever.
5. Baking bear is back! I have located a few new benefactors in the big apple (I still miss my original benefactors in Miami though!!!) and so I'm back on my baking train. Last night I made chocolate fudge cupcakes with Reese's baked into them. SO. GOOD. They don't even need the funfetti frosting I have in my fridge. But I'm going to use it anyways. Mmmmm, cupcakes.
6. I am by no means a coffee addict, but I do love my daily cup of joe. My parents have the Nespresso machine at their house in Jersey, and I have my beloved K-cup maker here in the city. Sorry Starbucks, but I don't think we can be friends anymore. I'm in love with my K-cup machine and almost every flavor of CoffeeMate.
7. I have officially made the decision to go to Burning Man next year!! I have my piggy bank collecting money and I am now accepting donations from friends and lovers, hehe, just kidding. I will make it out there on my own. I am BEYOND excited and this week plans have been in full swing ALREADY for next year's event. So... there's only one question left... who's coming with?!?
And those are a few of my favorite things. Weeee - it's officially the weekend! Heading out to see Mord Fustang at Webster Hall tonight, gotta get my shuffle on.
I hope you enjoyed these and please leave comments and love about your favorite things this week! If you’re looking for more giggles and trinkets of joy, feel free to check out my twitter @npamani or my tumblr, The Daily QuirCk.
Rave on little ravers, xx Nikbear