Hello friends! Another week has gone by shockingly fast and I can't believe that October is finally upon us. Hooray! Anyways, another Friday means time for another list of things that have been blowing my mind this week. Enjoy!
1. This week my iPhone has been a serious life saver. Don't get me wrong, I do love the occasional planned hiatus from the land of Internet, but this week Time Warner Cable was experiencing some issues in my neighborhood and I was without Internet for most of the week. Unplanned and unprepared I kind of freaked out for a little bit. It's not so easy to send out resumes and check your email when you don't have the high speed connection. So, many thanks to AT&T and Apple for providing me with 3G and Internet. On a related note: What on earth did we do before smart phones?
2. If you didn't know already, let me fill you in on one of my favorite old lady habits: I love knitting. I learned how to knit in 2009 thanks to my girl Emily and lots of long bus rides through Argentina. It's calming, it's relaxing, it's brain dead repetition, and it's a really useful skill for making presents for friends. I'm currently in the process of knitting myself a multi-colored scarf, although my speciality is knit beanies.
3. MOCCASINS! I. Am. In. Love. With. These. Shoes. Oh mah gawd. I pretty much live in these shoes and nothing else. They are soft and warm and comfy and the perfect shoes to wear no matter what time of day. If you don't have a pair of moccasins, go out and get some meow! I bought these bad boys at Payless for a very reasonable price.
4. Ryan Reynolds. YUM. I was initially going to make this favorite be about Ryan Reynolds AND Ryan Gosling, but that might be too much hunky man-meat for one blog post. Funny man and abs like a washboard? Sign me up PLEASE. This year, all I want for Christmas, is Ryan Reynolds... or even just a life size cut out of him to snuggle with might do...
5. So for the past couple weeks I have been taking some pretty intense, long walks around the city and also doing yoga and pilates everyday. Thanks to the power of Netflix instant watch, I don't have to sign up for any fancy gyms or classes. I can get my fix at home on my own schedule. The combination of working my muscles and meditating and finding my center is doing wonders for my life right now. It's all about taking care of the mind, body and spirit. (And getting back in shape for my Miami trip.)
6. Ladies and gentlemen, if you haven't had a whiskey-ginger yet I urge you to go to your closest bar and order one ASAP. I've always been a whiskey girl and I've always loved ginger ale/ginger beer. My friends Lauren and Leigh got me started on whiskey-gingers last year and they've been my drink of choice all week. There's nothing like a nice cocktail after a long day of [__fill-in-the-blank__].
7. What's the perfect accompaniment to your evening cocktail? If you said bar mixed nuts, shame on you. No, sillies! Good friends and good conversation that make you feel good. I have some seriously awesome sauce friends in the city and I need to give them a shout out for all their love and support and all the laughs we share. I love you guyses so much!
And those are the things that have made my week rock. Taking a break from blogging for a couple of days because I'm off to Boston for an extended weekend holiday! Friends, birthday bashes and general shenanigans will ensue. I'll be sure to post all the pictures and details as soon as I get back!
Leave me a comment with some of your favorite things this week, tips for Boston (if you have any) or just to say hello! I love reading all your comments!! If you’re looking for more giggles and trinkets of joy, feel free to check out my twitter @npamani or my tumblr, The Daily QuirCk.
Signing off with giggles and smiles, xx Nikbear