Hello friends! My apologies for disappearing for an entire week - it's been a rather hectic and crazy week, but I'm back and better than ever. So here's a list of the seven things that have been rocking my week. Enjoy!
1. Ok, so let's start right where I left off in my last post. Last Friday night I went for a super awesome mini food festival that including tastings of over 30 different types of sake and Japanese craft beers as well as mini plates for 8 different restaurants. It was SO AMAZING. I had some of the best drinks ever, and ate some delicious things like pancake balls with octopus. YUMMMMMYYYYY. Thanks Thrillist Rewards for hooking it up yet again.
2. Sticking with the food theme, on Saturday night my parents, my brother and I went to Flex Mussels which has been my favorite restaurant in the city for at least a year now. This place serves GIANT pots of mussels in a sauce of your choice - and you have 23 to choose from. On Saturday I asked for a copy of their menu (which they totally gave to me) so I can start checking off the ones I've already had and make my way through all the delicious flavors they offer. Check this place out if you like mussels - I guarantee you will not regret it.
3. Speaking of my brother (and mussels) I am so stoked that I got to see him again on Saturday night and spend some time with him and his girlfriend and his girlfriend's sister. In the picture above I present to you (L-R) Nisha, Kunal, Me & Sachin. (NIsha and Sachin be like family to me... lots of love.)
4. Moving right along through my weekend, on Sunday night me and my crew went to go see Feed Me, Excision and Deadmau5. Feed Me ROCKED. I danced real hard and actually exhausted myself to the point that I had to leave half way through Deadmau5 (even though he was also phenomenal). As much as I loved this show, I could definitely have done without all the neon teens .... but that's for another post .... eventually.
5. I'm getting back into a groove of playing pool. I'm not really very good (except for those fluke days where all of a sudden I'm sinking every shot that I go for) but I have been practicing and I fully intend on reaching a point where I can start hustling unsuspecting men at pool halls. Played a couple rounds of pool on Tuesday night with my girl Kutner and her friends Jess and Raquel. It was an interesting night to say the least....
6. Hey all you iPhone, iPod, iPad, Mac, Kindle and Nook users - check out this really cool website called Gelaskins to add a touch of personality to your electronics. Earlier this summer I completely decked out my phone, computer and Kindle with these super awesome and easy to apply stickers that make it completely and totally yours. I showed the website to my girl Laura yesterday and she only flipped out a little bit haha.
7. The last thing I want to talk about relates to the fact that I was clearing out my voice mailbox on my phone yesterday and I noticed that all the messages from my really good friends started off with 'Hey it's me...' and that made me smile. We're all guilty of doing this with our really close friends and the people we care about the most because with those specific people, you just KNOW who it is. So here's a special shout out to the ones that leave me voice mails that start with 'Hey it's me...' <3
And there you have it! This weekend I'll be taking it easy and retreating to Jersey for some quality family time and down time before my October madness takes over. So hopefully that means some exciting new posts this weekend!!
Have a fantastic weekend friends! Please feel free to leave me some comments about your weekend plans, things that made you smile this week, or just general love!! If you’re looking for more giggles and trinkets of joy, feel free to check out my twitter @npamani or my tumblr, The Daily QuirCk.
Eskimo kisses, xx Nikbear