Shmello friends! Happy weekend! Hope that you all are doing well and have survived another long week. Keeping with tradition, here is another list of things that have been rocking my socks off for the past seven days! Enjoy!
1. If you haven't heard of these guys, it's time for you to come out from under that big rock and edumacate yourself. I LOVE these guys and on Saturday I decided to go back and re-watch all of their videos (click here for The Lonely Island YouTube Channel). Gems, gems I tell you. My favorites (in no particular order) include "I just had sex," "Threw It on the Ground," and "3-way." Tip for the fellas: helicopter d*ck works. EVERY. TIME.
2. Meet Sadie/Bitsy. She is the cutest puppy in the whole world and the latest addition to my friend Alex's family. She's 10 weeks old, weighs just under 3lbs, is teething and currently learning that pee and poop belong outside the house. Like a little energizer bunny with a touch of gangster, she runs around the house all day biting anything and everything. Oh Bitsy. We love you.
3. I love this show SO MUCH. Me and my girls Mel and Laura (screw your grammar rules) watch the new episodes every Thursday with wine and dinner (yay girls night) but recently I've been going back and watching the episodes from Seasons 1, 2, and 3 (now available on Netflix Instant Watch). Such a fantastic show. I can't even pick a favorite character because they're all just too brilliant. Bravo, NBC. Bravo.
4. I was feeling slightly under the weather all week, but I was brought back to life thanks to multi-vitamins, Advil and lots and lots of Emergen-C. So long sore throat and pounding migraines! Hello happiness!
5. Last night I was feeling rather housewife-y so I cooked an EPIC meal for Thursday night girls night. An epic meal filled with garlic. SO MUCH DELICIOUS GARLIC. I made a roasted chicken dish with onions, potatoes and a garlic herb marinade, roasted garlic couscous, and garlic green beans and brocolli. Super easy, super wholesome, super yummy. Don't worry friends, one of these days I'm going to start a series of Bear's Easy Recipe posts. One day....
6. Last night my most favorite person in the world arrived at my doorstep in New York City. AND IT WAS THE BEST THING EVER. Meet Zinn. Part time student, part time DJ, full time awesome dude. Check out his Twitter, Facebook, SoundCloud and if you're living in Miami - Thursday nights tune into WVUM 90.5 for Bassment Sessions with your host DJ SpinnZinn. I'll update you all next week with whatever weekend shenanigans we get into. SO STOKED THAT HE'S HERE!
7. THANK YOU LAURA FOR THIS ONE. Today my girl Laura sent me this amazing website: wtfjapanseriously.com. And it is the best thing since sliced bread. I lost about three hours of my day already just going through and laughing till I cried. Some of my personal favorites include: Britney Spears - Circus, Banana Man, and We're Out of Milk. I started scouring the Internet for other awesome Japanese related things and found this ADORABLE girl giving her plot summary of blockbuster movies.
And that was my week. Food, meds, sleep, and lots and lots of awesome giggles. WEEK SUCCESS! There was some work scattered in there, don't worry, but mostly food, sleep and giggles.
To give you a quick update on what I'll be doing for the rest of the month, this weekend I'll be tackling a night of sake-bombing and the ADA Diwali Ball. Next week is dedicated to job applications, celebrating Diwali with my grandparents, and then off to Miami for Halloween weekend!
Have a fantastic weekend friends! Please feel free to leave me some comments about your weekend plans, things that made you smile this week, or just general love!! If you’re looking for more giggles and trinkets of joy, feel free to check out my twitter @npamani or my tumblr, The Daily QuirCk.
Wiggles and giggles, xx Nikbear