Hello friends! Happy November!! I have no clue where October went, but I do know it was a crazy month that left me thoroughly exhausted... in the best way possible. So many birthdays! So many rage fests! So many holidays! So many friends! So many giggles! [So much damage to my bank account as a side note, but it was totally worth it.] There's been a ton of stuff that I've been loving all week, but here are my seven most favorite things. Enjoy this week's Friday Favorites!!
1. I have a serious weakness for men in loafers. All my friends think I'm crazy, but men in loafers are totally my kryptonite. I love men in loafers almost as much as I love men in business suits eating ice cream cones. Don't even get me started on that. After a super long hiatus, I'm finally venturing back into the dating world and realizing I have a type. This is either great news or horrible news, I haven't decided yet. Either way - men in loafers, feel free to submit applications and head shots to the firstname.lastname@example.org ;)
2. With the winter chill comes the Christmas shopping frenzy. My poor bank account is cowering in the corner at the thought of this. I was stumbling around the internet last weekend and I came across this fantastic post that lists 10 awesome tutorials for do-it-yourself t-shirt scarves. I have a MILLION old t-shirts and these all look super stylish and easy to make. Friends, prepare yourselves for some handmade scarves and knitted beanies this holiday season!
3. With all the traveling I've been doing and all the public transportation I've been riding I've had a lot of time to get back into reading. My Kindle has made this even easier for me. I carry it with me almost everywhere and when I don't have it on me, I have my handy-dandy Kindle app on my iPhone. It's super light, super cool, and Amazon has a ton of free books that you can download that aren't half bad. Looking for more reading recommendations so please feel free to leave some comments!
4. When I was a wee sophomore in college I had this friend named Erik. Erik was an aspiring DJ and went by the name Ekotek. Ekotek was a phenomenal mash up DJ and his first "album" (never really released as an album because it was totally illegal) was the best thing. EVER. Unfortunately, shortly after this time he went super hipster and decided that his DJ style wasn't alternative enough. LAAAAAAAAME. Anyways, being back in Miami last weekend my best bear Hillary and I took a trip down memory lane and listened to his first album on our way to the airport. I came back and found out that his whole album is available here on YouTube. I'd be afraid that he's going to hate me for posting this, but I'm pretty sure he's too alternative for the Internet.... *rolls eyes*
5. Lady friends, if you haven't heard of Moroccan Oil, shame on you. It is LITERALLY like crack for your hair. With all the stuff I've been doing I don't exactly have time to sit down and style my hair every day. I hop out of the shower, run a comb through my wet hair, apply a little bit of Moroccan Oil, and head out the door. My hair dries naturally and has amazing bounce and shine. I don't know how I ever lived before this elixir of the Gods, but I am SO grateful that it's in my life.
6. I'm addicted to Instagram. Fellow iPhone users - get this app and come be a shutterbug with me. At least 50% of the photos I post on my blog are from my Instagram. I post at least 5 photos a day and it's a great to document your life through the lens. If you're on Instagram check me out - my username is "nikbear" and be sure to post a comment here with your username so I can follow you too!!
7. Last weekend was my dear friend Jamie's birthday. I was in Miami so I missed her shenanigans, but I was horrified at the stories I heard. Beloved Jamie decided to host her own party at her apartment - and let's just say that her friends weren't the most respectful guests. Nobody deserves to have their apartment trashed on their birthday!! In an effort to give her the birthday bash she deserves, my lady friends Shea, Mel and Laura helped me throw an impromptu surprise party for her last night at my place. Just girlies, dinner, cupcakes, wine, champagne, balloons and Elmo party hats. (I went to my local convenience store and went a little crazy on discount party supplies.) She was completely surprised and we all had a great time!! Happy belated birthday darling Jamie!!! xxx
And those are my favorite things this week! Thanks for reading, friends! I hope that you all have a fantastic weekend and are enjoying the chilly northeastern weather (except you silly Miami folk).
If you’re looking for more giggles and trinkets of joy, feel free to check out my twitter @npamani or my tumblr, The Daily QuirCk. Also available through my Twitter feed –> my Instagram shots! If you know anything about me, it’s that I’m a pretty dedicated shutterbugbear.
Cuddles and snuggles, xx Nikbear