Hellloooooooo friends!! Prepare yourselves for an extremely long post - DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU. The past week has been filled with so many wonderful things I'm not really sure where to begin. Or how I can possibly fit all of my photos in here. Ok, ok, rewind. Slow motion. PLAY. I am currently writing to you from sunny, beautiful, humid yet fantastic MIAMI! Part of my brain can't believe that I haven't been here since May, the other part feels like I never really left. Especially since I'm doing what I do best - sitting outside the UM campus library (affectionately called Club Richter) with my best bear, Hillary. Sipping on a Starbucks grande iced coffee with hazelnut syrup, dancing to the music coming through my awesome headphones, getting work done, and watching the world go by. Standard. Not much has changed since my time as a student out here, thank god. It's the little things...
But let's rewind and take a look at some of the things that have been rocking my week off. Happy weekend! Enjoy this weeks' edition of Friday Favorites and thanks for checking in!!
1. Last weekend the College Music Festival was in town. Five days of awesome new and local bands. I went to check out one show with my visiting buddy Zinn and all the displaced WVUM kids in the city for the marathon. We saw two particularly awesome artists worth mentioning --> ANR and Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs. Clickity clack those buttons and dance dance dance.
2. Last weekend we (Zinn and I, not the royal we) also went for a tour of the Museum of Sex with Dreabutt and her friend Alan. It was the most fun I've had in a museum. EVER. I highly recommend taking a tour if you are in the area. And don't forget to bring your student ID for the discounted admission. Some of it was a little disturbing, but most of it was hilarious.
3. Post MoSex we all headed to The Stumble Inn for beers and shots and more beers. If you haven't heard of The Stumble Inn, shame on you. At the corner of 76th and 2nd, this place dishes out awesome stuffed burgers and offers two beer pong tables. I highly recommend checking this place out on Sunday nights for 50% off pitchers of ANY beer on tap.
4. The colors, duke. THE COLORS! I know that I have been obsessing about this in a lot of my recent posts, but I seriously cannot get over how awesome the fall is. It is my absolutely FAVORITE thing. Being in Jersey for part of this weekend and sitting in my backyard surrounded by trees of orange, yellow and red was fantastic. I've been rocking my scarves, hats, and jackets galore. I love the fall. Sadly, this weekend in NYC is supposed to mark the first snowfall. Looks like we jetted straight into winter. On the bright side, I'm in Miami so I don't have to deal with the snow and 35 degree weather in the city just yet. Hehe. Sneaky bear.
5. Speaking of New Jersey, I was back in my hometown with my brownies last Saturday for the ADA Diwali Ball and on Wednesday for actual Diwali. Happy New Year to all my desis!! The Diwali Ball was a fantastic time and ADA couldn't have asked for a better last event. Big thanks to everyone that came out to support! Wednesday we did our family prayer ceremonies and I got to spend some much needed quality time with my cousins and grandparents.
6. Halloween is coming! You know what that means? Giant bags of candy on sale at Duane Reade. I have been such a candy whore lately, focusing on Kit Kats, Sour Patch Kids and Hershey's Cookies and Cream bars. NOOOOOOM. Forget the costumes... I love Halloween for the discount candy bags. Yesssiiiirrrrr.
7. Duck Sauce is back with another fantastic hit single, The Big Bad Wolf, and one of the best music videos I have ever seen. (It's definitely up there with I Feel Better by Hot Chip and a few other gems.) Click here to see this music video of SHEER GENIUS. And prepare yourself for an epic fit of giggles.
It's been a whirlwind of a weekend but I'm so happy that I finally made it to Miami and can see all my beloveds this weekend. There was a point where I didn't think I would actually make it to this day with my sanity intact. I've got a lot of things to do and a lot of people to see this weekend! HOW EXCITING!!
Have a fantastic weekend friends! Please feel free to leave me some comments about your weekend plans, things that made you smile this week, Halloween costumes/plans, or just general love!! If you’re looking for more giggles and trinkets of joy, feel free to check out my twitter @npamani or my tumblr, The Daily QuirCk. Also available through my Twitter feed --> my Instagram shots! If you know anything about me, it's that I'm a pretty dedicated shutterbugbear.
With warm smiles and hugs, xx Nikbear