Hello friends! Hope that you are all enjoying your week back at the grind after Thanksgiving weekend. I'm sure that most of you have noticed that sometime between Thanksgiving and Monday of this week the holiday spirit got kicked into overdrive. All of a sudden, everyone has their Christmas lights up and ALL the commercials on TV are holiday related. I forgot how much I love the holiday spirit in New York. Don't get me wrong, the holidays in Miami were fun and all, but there's something weird about listening to Christmas music at the mall when it's 80 degrees and sunny outside.... just saying. Decorating palm trees was also weird. Just saying.
Anyways, in the spirit of the holiday season I have started making a list of things I want as presents. I mean, the holidays are all about presents right? Haha, I kid, I kid. Usually for Christmas and my birthday (which is in mid-January, so mark your calendars) I ask for very practical, useful, sensible things that I simply can't afford. This year I can't really think of very sensible things that I need, so I started making a list of frivolous things that I don't really need but it would be really cool if I had them.
I present to you part one of my holiday wish list of totally reasonably priced miscellaneous crap:
- Migi Nail Art Pens --> I've been on a bit of a nail art kick (check out my totally sweet argyle manicure I did myself here) and these pens are exactly what I need to take it to the next level!
- A mustache on a stick --> So that every party I go to can be a mustache party without having to scrub sharpie off my upper lip on a daily basis. Totally frivolous. I think my girl Alex has already taken up the task of making me one of these. STOKED!
- A cane umbrella --> OK, granted this isn't 'reasonably' priced, but it's friggin sweet. I have an awesome green trench coat and green rain boots. I would love a green or purple cane umbrella to complete my rainy day look. I told you... frivolous list of things I want!
- Scrabble --> I love board games. I love family game night. And I love scrabble. Words with Friends is a nice virtual substitute, but I want the real deal in my apartment.
- Cookie cutters --> I've gotten big into baking all kinds of crazy things and I want to start experimenting with cookies. What better motivation than ANY of these crazy looking cookie cutters?
- This knit bear hat --> I've been seeing these knit animal hats all over town lately, but I can't justify spending $20 on something so silly looking. I also don't have the patience to knit my own. But I REALLY want one.
So there it is, friends. Part one of my holiday/birthday wish list. I don't really expect to get any of these things, but it's always fun to talk about stupid things that catch your interest and make you squeal with joy. Post some comments of some the silly things you've got your eye on this holiday season!
In other news, tomorrow is the annual Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree Lighting.
Way back when I was a wittle bear in 2004 my first boyfriend wanted to take me to see the tree lighting as our first date. But I was 14 and my parents said NO (rightfully) so we never went. But ever since then I've been dying to go watch the pretty lights turn on and kick off the holiday season with a little bit of cheesy joy. Unfortunately, this year I will be working and I'll miss it again, but I do solemnly swear to make it one of these years! If you have some free time tomorrow evening go check it out and report back with a sweet comment and maybe some photos?
If you’re looking for more giggles and trinkets of joy, feel free to check out my twitter @npamani or my tumblr, The Daily QuirCk. If you want a peak at my life as a shutterbugbear, check out my instagr.am stream, @nikbear.
Sipping on peppermint hot cocoa, xx Nikbear