Happy New Year, friends and followers!! I hope that you all had a happy and safe celebration to ring in 2013.
It's time for another Industry Hump post and today I'd like to bring you a list of the pro bloggers that changed my life in 2012. These people are constantly delivering great tips and inspirational content to my inbox. I like to consider them to be a part of my digital tribe, even if they don't know it/me.
So without further ado, I present to thee my 8 favorite bloggers:
- If you haven't heard of Nathalie Lussier yet, you are seriously missing out. She's got some of the best technology, marketing, and business tips out there. Nathalie dishes out weekly videos that will literally revolutionize the way you work. Head over to her digital home now for a free website checkup and the latest techy tips.
- Alexandra Franzen was one of the first few bloggers I discovered, and I have to admit it was love at first read. She's a badass copywriter and a visionary strategist. Her blog, formerly known as Unicorns for Socialism, has always been a source of inspiration for me in terms of both my career path and my spiritual journey.
- If you're looking to strip off the excess and get back to the bare bones of your life, you've gotta check out Danielle Laporte's blog. She's a whiz at helping you figure out exactly what you want and how you can go about getting it. Her blog is my go-to when I find myself in a soul-searching mood and now that 2013 is finally here, I can't wait to crack open my copy of The Fire Starter Sessions.
- Have you discovered Marie Forleo yet? If not, head over to her site right now and subscribe yourself. Miss Marie has got all the info you need to be rich in all facets of your life. Her video series, Marie TV, has given me some of the best advice of my life and I wait anxiously each week for the latest episode to pop up in my inbox.
- Ashley Ambirge might be the coolest person in the world. She's got a truck load of great entrepreneurial tips for you and she's definitely not afraid to give it to you straight. With lots of vulgar language. Can we please be friends in real life? I think I love you. Just kidding, because that would be really creepy. Her site, The Middle Finger Project, is filled to the brim with great tips to get you off the bench and filled with confidence to make your dreams a reality.
- An excellent example of how to brand yourself the right way is the ever-fabulous Kat Williams, creator and curator of RockN'Roll Bride. I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to meet Kat and absorb as much branding advice from her as humanly possible in two short days. She's got it down to a science, just check out all the advertisers on her blog and her smashing print magazine if you don't believe me. Want to know her secrets? Make sure you sign up for the next Blogcademy event and don't forget to take notes!
- No branding strategy would be complete without a visionary designer to build all your assets. Shauna Haider, or Nubby Twiglet, designed all the materials for both Kat and The Blogcademy. Another part of the Blogcademy terrific trio, this lady is my all time favorite designer. Her blog is my first (and usually my only) stop when I'm trying to figure out how all this design stuff works. She's got a clean style and a great eye for color. I hope that one day I can afford her fantastic services.
- And of course, no tribute to my favorite bloggers would be complete without mentioning the gorgeous Gala Darling. She was my first blog-addiction and continues to be one of the most inspirational people I know. An international superstar and fashion queen, her site has got the best self-love and lifestyle advice on the web (in my opinion). I'm thrilled to know her (in real life) and hope to be half as awesome as her one day. In the meantime, I'll have to just sit here and squee repeatedly about being featured in one of her weekly carousel posts. *Insert loud and excited girly noises.* Thanks, Gala!
And that should do it. For now.
2012 was a great year for learning, reading, meeting, talking, sharing, and doing. I am eternally grateful for all the wisdom these lovely ladies shared with me over the course of the year and I bow down at their sacred digital altars.
Looking forward, I'm excited to take all this knowledge and apply it to some big life changes I'm making. 2012 was great, but I have a feeling 2013 is going to be even better. It's going to be a year of taking charge, working hard, and doing more of what I love. Life's too short. I'm resolving to dedicate more time to enjoying things I want to be doing instead of hating things that I "should" be doing. Forget the norm.... I'm paving my own way this time around.
Who are some of your favorite bloggers on the web? What are some of your 2013 goals? Drop it all in the comments below!
Sending you midnight kisses, xx Nikbear