It's no secret that I live to travel. In a perfect world I would have all the money and time to go see (and taste) everything out there. When I was younger I used to say my only goal in life is to visit every country and become a citizen of the world. I seriously love to travel. As graduation nears and I find myself with the potential to travel (at least for a little bit) I have once again come face-to-face with the question that always gets me: Where to next?
In an effort to narrow down my choices and lay out my options, I've been doing a lot of research. Of course, this might be taking a step in the wrong direction as every place I research seems amazing and my list might be growing instead of shrinking. Oy ve.
Anyway, for this post I wanted to share with ya'll some of the places I have vowed to visit before I die (because lord knows I will not leave this planet without visiting these places - he actually knows, we've had the talk). Enjoy and please feel free to leave me comments/suggestions.
Before I Die:
1. Chiang Mai, Thailand This is actually one of the places that I am considering for my summer excursion. Thailand is such an amazing country - I've been to Phuket twice with my family when I was a kid on holiday, but I'm dying to go back and really experience the culture and the people. A country rich in history, tradition, religion, and of course food, this place just screams NIKKI COME PLAY WITH ME.
2. Kanyakumari, India The southernmost tip of India, this is a place I have been dying to visit for a few years now (ever since my mom told me about it). The culture of south India is completely different from the rest of the country - they have different languages, food and even their own version of Bollywood. Kanyakumari is where the Bay of Bengal, Indian Ocean and Arabian Sea meet - rumor has it that you can actually see three different colors in the waters (but that might be just a rumor). In addition, some of my favorite mythical stories from childhood involve this location and I hold this place very dear in my heart. One day....
3. Republic of Mauritius Last summer my little brother's girlfriend and her family went to the Republic of Mauritius and came back with stellar stories of this beautiful island nation. AND it's the only known home of the dodo bird... suhweet!
4. Gibraltar There's something really cool about being able to stand on one continent and look over at another. Plus my good friend Caro is from here, so she's just an added bonus to this place of sheer awesomeness.
5. Venice, Italy I want to see Venice before it supposedly sinks.Â The romantic little girl trapped inside of me is dying for a gondola ride under the moon with some Tiramisu and maybe even a delicious Italian man. Le sigh. A girl can dream, can't she?
Oh travel bug, why do you continue to bite me this way? Why must you torture and tease my poor, unemployed soul? Cruel world, why have you created so many amazing places to see? OH LIFE WHY ARE YOU SO SHORT? (End dramatic moment).
Stay tuned for more life updates as crunch time begins - only 6 or 7 weeks till graduation and this little bear still has no idea what she wants to be when she grows up....