With just about two months left of my undergraduate experience and my last spring break ever starting this Friday, I find myself freaking out... just a little bit.... OK, a lotta bit. How four years went by so fast is still a mystery to me, but I fully intend on making the most of these next two months. A while back I started making a 'college bucket list' full of ridiculous things that I want to do before I graduate. I found this list yesterday and decided to scrap it and make a more realistic bucket list because "streaking around Lake Osceola" isn't something that's going to really happen (or at least I hope not). Most of my College Bucket List consists of places I want to go before I leave Miami (which may or may not happen, but I'd rather be safe than sorry).
So. Here goes. Nikbear's College Bucket List Version 2.0 (things will be added I'm sure, but this is a good place to start)
- Go to Cafe Versailles: You got me. I've officially lived in Miami for 4 years and I have never been to Cafe Versailles. I know, I know... I'm a disgrace and I have no idea what really freaking amazing Cuban food is and I have no right whatsoever to call myself a Miami local. Blah blah blah. I will go. I love all things Cuban, ergo this is #1 on my bucket list.
- Go to Upstairs at the Van Dyke Cafe: This is on my list for two reasons. Exhibit A --> My place of work is just two blocks away from the Van Dyke Cafe on Miami Beach. Exhibit B --> I am taking a class called The Evolution of Jazz this semester and have discovered that I LOVE JAZZ MUSIC. Yes. It's true. This is going down, hopefully this weekend/next week over spring break. Let me know if any of you would like to join!
- Go to The Deuce: A recent discovery, this place seems like the bees knees. It's a dingy little bar and not much to see BUT it was established in 1926 and still gets a great crowd of regulars, hipsters, locals and celebrities. AND they have an 11-hour happy hour from 8am to 7pm. Um. Sign me up please.
- Visit Vizcaya Museum and Gardens: This is just something I've been dying to do since freshman year but haven't really ever gotten around to. The sight-seer and history-lover buried within me is screaming out for love and attention.
- Carnaval Miami/Calle Ocho: Lucky for me this is actually taking place this Sunday! It's just a big celebration of music, culture and food (nooooooooommmmmm) for and with all the local Hispanic crowd. Whoop whoop. Stoooooked! Click herefor more information about this event.
Ok I think that's a good start. Stay tuned for my updates on additions and check-marks on my bucket list!
Happy Winter Music Conference by the way!! Check out these two awesome events tonight (both are free and I will be shuttling myself back and forth between the two haha):
- SanedracHunter Presents: WMC 2011 Art Indulgence
- SOBE Beats WMC 2011 Presented by MTV and Miami Mayhem