Labor Day has come and gone. September weather has taken a turn towards chilly. Autumn is just around the corner. My sinuses can tell. I'm definitely looking forward to fall, but looking back on this summer, I can't help but smile. I'm so goddamn grateful for the little family of friends I've gathered for myself in the city. These past few months have been jam packed with so much sunshine, frolicking, and happiness!
One of the things I definitely miss the most about Miami is the year-round warm weather. There's something about summer that just makes you want to be out and about in the world. (Whereas with winter I revert to my beary-roots and tend to hibernate lots.)
Summer is the best season for shenanigans. And boy oh boy did we get into some serious shenanigans this year!
So what all did I do? Everything. But I'll try and narrow that down for you a little...
- I traveled to Miami, Michigan, Rhinebeck, Westhampton and more.
- I saw BEYONCE and went for the US Open too.
- I ran my first 5K. And sub sequentially filled my lungs with so much colored powder that I'm sure they are rainbow colored now. (I ain't even mad about that.)
- I danced till the sun came up and then went home and made pancakes.
- I laughed so hard that my sides ached for days.
- I networked. I worked. I carved out a space (albeit small) for myself in the world of solopreneurs. I literally built my business from the ground up.
- I spent a lot of time with my parents, brother, and dog.
- I dressed up. I dressed down. I tried to dress sideways, but that didn't work out too well.
- I ate and ate and ate and ate ALL the delicious things in the city.
- I walked so much that I ruined 6 pairs of shoes. So then I went shopping to buy more shoes. Hey, it's the best excuse I've ever had for shoe shopping. Lay off.
- I packed and moved my entire life to a new apartment. I painted walls and turned my little box in Manhattan into a home.
- I meditated.
- I masqueraded.
- I made memories with new friends and old
- I learned to trust myself again. I learned to have faith in the universe and all its plans for me.
I filled my summer with all the laughter, love, and life that I could possibly carry with me. And I had a fucking BLAST. Cheers to you, summer 2013, and all the people that helped make it so spectacular. These last few months have definitely left a mark on me and reminded me that with the right people and the right attitude, life will always be wonderful.
This week, I'm kicking my TunesDaze game up a notch and throwing in some snapshots from my summer. So click play and scroll on, friends! Hope you're all enjoying these last bits of summer!!